Thursday, 3 July 2008

Last Sleep!!

Am back up at work tonight to get up at 4.30am to be on the bus at 5am to take the last lot of kids to the airport in Geraldton. There was a muck up with the bookings so they have had an extra day at school today. The workmate is driving the bus in and I am going to keep her company.

Have had a very lazy time of it as I did not go to town yesterday after all. No need to go as it turned out (after I had raced up here by 8.30am) as everyone is sorting themselves out for vegies etc over the next two weeks! It would have been nice to know the day before but such is life. Went and had coffee at the workmates and watched a DVD about a dog team in the Antartic - based on a true story when they were abandoned and the guy who ran them as a team turned everything upside down to get back to them. Went home and made scones for lunch with soup and settled down to watch 'For the Boys' with Bette Middler and James Caan. I am totally having a DVD pig -out at the moment but as I still do not have TV it is the next best thing. I threw a minor tantrum when I was woken out of a sleep at 6pm (drug induced by the cold medication) to be told either my workmate or I were needed for this mornings run into town (the men did it instead..)and then as I was awake, I brought up the key to the cleaning cupboard that had somehow found its way into my bag and helped with the clean up that was in progress and to say goodbye to the girls who went today. The drugs have been brilliant for my headcold - one more day and I should be fine.

Had another slow day today - did not move until 10.30am - almost an unheard of luxury, and then did more tidying of lounge, sorting of paperwork and packed for tonight. I am told there is more rain heading here over the weekend. Once I have been shopping tomorrow, I will be fine with that. Have books, more DVD's, and a heater - what more could I want :).

The workmate has been to town today and the car/wagon now has a roof rack for the impending journey. I am told there are temperatures in the 30's where we are going (during the day) so need to think of two seasons re clothing as I believe it still gets cold at night. I think the first night we may be camping in the wild so to speak - will revisit that thought tomorrow. I have misplaced our itinery and will have to get another copy so I can keep you properly informed. Am charging up the camera batteries and clearing current photos off. Will also have to do the same to the video camera and see if I can remember how to use it.

Looked after the workmate's two boys this afternoon. Played a game of Buzz which I eventually won (they are 8 and 10)though they had me on the ropes at one stage. Longevity pays off when there are questions of general knowledge LOL. We also had a quick round of Sing Star which I again scored top points - a little unfair as I picked 'Legends' though again one song was very close. Luckily they got picked up before we changed to something more modern where I would have got trounced. You have to take the wins where you can LOL as these guys take no prisoners in Buzz where there is rounds you can lose points to the winner - that is always my most dyslexic round.

Great to get emails today from those of you reading this blog but not leaving the footprint of a comment LOL. It helps to know who these ravings of mine are reaching. Will respond by email, hopefully before the end of the weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling much better now, and that the day/nighters have worked.When are you going to be back? Dont know how I will cope without your blog to read for so long. Hope you take plenty of photos, hope your photographic expertise extends to putting them on a CD etc, and sending it home for us to see. Was up quite late last night, but the 4 hour time difference is a mite too long to stay up. Went to the Cossie Club yesterday afternoon, and had a game of Scrabble... yes Scrabble. It was loads of fun, and I managed to finish all the letters about three times, but no where near up to the speed of the others. There are some real keen enthusiasts. It is the 1st Thursday each month, so quite a pleasant way to spend the afternoon. Going to Kay's this morning, another bleak winters day. Been watching the temperatures for Perth, the lowest has been 17C so is much colder than I had imagined. Looking forward to your next Blog, love and hugs Mum

Kay said...

Hmmmm- sounding more like Indiana Jones than Crocodile Dundee....