Monday, 28 July 2008

If I didn't know better, I would think I was in NZ LOL

It has rained!!! heavily at times and over most of the weekend, with more today. There are discussions going on re how long do we have before the roads are impassable again - this with me having to take two girls in the ute, for job interviews in Mullewa this afternoon . May have to take a long stick and an extra clothes in case I have to a) walk through water (still practising to walk on top LOL), or b) get cut off and have to stay overnight - goodness knows how that would work.

I had a weekend off from Sat am till this morning am and had a very lazy time of it. Read two books, watched '27 Dresses' (a good girlie movie with Katherine Heigle - Greys Anatomy) and 'RENT' (my nieces fav movie,play of all times - at the moment LOL). "Rent" is a musical set in NY in the 80's. I also tried out a new recipe - Kumera soup with rosemary and lemon with rosemary toast (out of the June Aust Women's Weekly supplement booklet). It worked well and was an interesting mix of flavours but forgot to turn off the griller in the stove so had three hours of warmth unbeknownst to me at the time, though I did wonder why I did not feel the need for the heater for most of the day LOL.

Those who are waiting for tales of the great horse riding expedition are doomed to disappointment this post - weather did not permit and parts of me are grateful for that this morning.

I did poodle around on the laptop and looked at how to get my movies on, edited and ready for consumption by my adoring public (all right then, by long suffering family who have no choice). I have got the title page done and the next clip with the names of those featuring in it - will try getting some actual footage on later in the week LOL.

I did go on line Saturday night (WA time) to see that we got thrashed by the Aussie's for the Bledisloe Cup. I no sooner had seen the score when there was a knock at the door, with the WMH stood there, phone in hand with a rude comment from the Bathurst lot about our loss, with an amount of gloating from the WMH about an Aussi win! Have no idea how rugby is going at all in the scheme of things as it doesn't rate WA news - there was more excitement about the Eagles and the Dockers both winning a game over the weekend which has been a shock to everyone. I hope you are impressed that I know the names of these teams - there is also Collingwood (the WMH fav team who lost) and Essenden (the Italian's fav team, who won this weekend).

Am just about to dash home to have some lunch before venturing forth to Mullewa.
Will update tomorrow if I am able.


Kay: Glad herbs are doing well, how about the lime tree?
Mum: Saw reports of weather bomb - lots of people without power except Wku was not mentioned.
Claire: Go Darren with his license - well done. Again, good survival skills with the weather.

1 comment:

Kay said...

Lime tree still vertical after storm,although most of banksia is horizontal. (Aussie trees can't take the wind, it would seem.) Very impressed with your Aussi Rewls knowledge. Most impressed that you've seen "Rent" - haven't done so myself yet - although your lack of comment after mentioning it could be taken as faint praise?