Monday, 7 July 2008

Fox on the Run


I thought for those of you playing at home, you might like to know where I will be over the next 10 days. Tomorrow at 6am we leave for Newman - a trip of 877km -staying at Dearloves Caravan Park. At Newman we visit the world's largest open cut mine! (not sure if that is a typo and its meant to be Open Cast - will let you know LOL).
Wed 9 - Travel from Newman to Karijini (281km) and stay until Sat. There are the Wanna Munna Rock Carvings, Fotescue Falls, and Karijini National Park to visit.
Sat 11 - Karajini to Exmouth (640km) Not sure what the main attraction is there - I have a horrible feeling its walking tracks and the great outdoors and plenty of it LOL.
Mon 14- Exmouth to Shark Bay (692km) and hopefully a trip to Monkey Mia where there are dolphins.
Wed 16 -Shark Bay to Kalbarri (374km) this is serious great outdoor stuff - I have seen pictures of here and the National Park is huge. Only saw a mere smidgeon when we went there at half term.
Sat 19 -Kalbarri back to Tardun - unpack etc
Monday 21 - The kids are back in town!!! Work begins again for the next 10 weeks.

I am taking the laptop so if there is a chance to send a blog while I am away I will do so but not even sure if some of these places will have email ability. Will be a good Girl Guide and be prepared anyway. Did I say the WM's friends come from Bathurst and have a Caravan Park there... I have already been invited to stay to go to Bathurst this year if I want to!!!!!!! (For THE race of course, not just to see the place!).

Have had a good weekend - Saturday I got up, got dressed in my new outdoor pursuits gear, went across to the WM's at 9.30am and crawled back to my bed in the dorm at 10.30 that night. The workmate was feeling really unwell with tonsillitis so the adults blobbed out all day on various couches and I think we watched 5 DVD's in between grazing on various bits left over from the night before. Ended up by watching an AFL match as well- Collingwood v Sydney - very hard to get used to people passing forward - do not get the point of this game at all - and two programms of 'The Bill' before decamping back to the dorm to sleep.

Woke up Sunday full of energy so tackled the clean up of the boarding school. Washed everything in sight clothes, did dishes, moved furniture back from the party the night before, cleared out all the girl's rooms of anything left, vacuumed the place and then did our 'flat'. By then it was mid afternoon so wandered next door again just as National Velvet was finishing on video and stayed for "Mr Holland's Opus' - Still a great movie. The WM was no better so I put two batches of soup on to cook. I had bought lamb shoulder chops and a bacon ankle the day before so added vegetables and soup mix to the respective meats and let them bubble away through "Titanic" in between racing backwards and fwds upstairs to get all the washing completed and dried. These have been my best batches of soup yet and had both for dinner last night and again tonight. Watched a'A Few Good Men" after dinner and then it was time for the Federer/Nadal match. I walked home sometime around 1am this morning as Federer was getting a caning and it was too hard to watch. I believe he did come back but not enough to win Wimbaldon again this year. Although there was not a lot of moon last night - the stars were magnificent and you can almost touch the Milky Way out here. I wanted to stand and look for shooting stars but thought I might snap freeze (ok, it wasn't that cold but it was under 10o) or break my neck by tripping over something in the dark.

Made a two biscuit slices today to take away with us - one a new recipe from a staff member at school and one I found I'd been given years ago by one of the physios at Waikato Hospital. Both no cook, once you have melted butter and added - my favourite sort of cooking LOL.

1 comment:

Kay said...

Hope you got away OK. Our intrepid adventure ends THursday pm when we head back. Been to parliament buildings for a guided tour today and also went to see the Treaty of Waitangi so feel very connected to NZ heritage. Our keynote speaker came from Geraldton- go figure!