Thursday, 6 March 2008

I think I can download pictures!!!!!

Ok, so the photo is a little large but miricle upon miricles, I have managed to get one on my post finally. There is a boffin here doing something
to the computers and all sorts of things seem to be working again! For those of you who think I have not emailed you in the past week, I sent lots out and only found out yesterday that in fact some had not been received - somthing in the system that put my hotmail in the sent folder but in fact they never left!!! have resent some today and hopefully this is all good to go again. I actually have a toolbar for this post now, as I write this, that has been missing for over a fortnight!!
It is a balmy 30o this morning - I believe there is another cyclone somewhere near which MAY give us more rain by the weekend! The world could end and I would only find out by chance as I have not seen the news on TV since I got here and average one Western Australian newspaper a week to read, with perhaps one Geraldton paper a week. I used two read two papers a day back home plus the County news and Waiuku Post when I could catch up on them LOL.
The photo is of moi, driving the tractor (actually, it is probably at a standstill but you get the picture LOL). This was on the first weekend I did cart. I will try and down load more over the weekend when I have more time.
GREAT NEWS, ...up there with the second coming ...- my boxes from NZ are on the way - not with the people I asked Crown to send them with - I feel a pithy letter coming on to the Australian branch - but nevertheless, I should receive them today or tomorrow. I will be OK with either. Have had a couple of days where for the first time I had been feeling a bit flat and think it is just because I still do not have my stuff and have been champing at the bit so to speak to get stuck in to a range of activities during my down time so I feel I have achieved something other than work. Also, finding out my emails had not got through really aggrivated me (a swear word or two would better describe my feelings on this one).
Got a lift into Geraldton yesterday with one of the office ladies this time. We had two boys to take to the hospital for x-rays and I stayed with them while she had other things to do. I had zoomed into Mullewa library and dropped off my books and grabbed 6 new ones - most by authors I have never read before but they were the required 1 & 1/2 inches + thick each, which usually means a reasonable read. Finished one this morning by Lee Child which was very Clive Cussler like - derring do at the bottom of the sea, suspense and drama, and quite enjoyed it.
Finally found baking trays that will fit the gas oven!! The third lot I have bought - and also got a pyrex measuring jug that will go in the microwave - very handy for scrambled eggs and gravy!! I got the grandson's Batman parcel off in the post and after telling myself I probably need not to buy anymore superhero stuff, I spotted a Spiderman face tin (with lollies in) which I have justified as an Easter thing and a small sheet of superhero stickers at the Redspot shop and that is THAT (for the meantime LOL). I have also found sugar jube lollies except they are sour and how yummy are they. ( I did share some with the boys but they were an interesting aperitife to tea last night). I spent the least amount ever at Coles but have also found that they do this thing with magazines that you get free products with them that you do not get at other outlets. With last months 'Noteboook' there was a packet of face wipes (very good) and with this weeks 'Woman's Day' there was a pack that had a John West Tuna meal for one, a small gator aid drink, a dish cloth, a skin rejuvination cream and a sachet of hair enriching product!!!! and no extra charge. So, will shopping for mags at Coles from now I (I am so easily bought LOL).
Also purchased were several items to use post being eaten alive by insects. The VERY helpful chemist lady has given me Betamine tablets (100) to take one each day and apparently they make you 'untasty' to mosquitos and midges. In a giant leap of faith, I have begun them and if they work ... I may resume camping at Awhitu at Christmas where the mosqitos make these ones seem like pesky nuisances (the Australian ones don't whine LOL - most unusual I thought) . She also gave me antihistamine tabs (that do not make you drowsy) and some gel to put on bites that I already have so I did not continue to scratch with the itching on my arms and lower legs. Watch this space!
Did not get to bowls this week as you know, but the team still won so its 3 for 3 at the moment. I stopped and got the Mullewa Mail -(the local news) and I am now in print!!!! I wrote a bit about my workmate and I for the newsletter for the school as the whole thing ( CBAS newsletter) gets published each month in the news along with various other bits of Shire info. Have also received a personal invitation from the Shire to attend a family day but unfortunately it is in the holidays. Just trying to imagine the Council in Waiuku/Pukekohe inviting new people in the district personally to an event LOL. Just another thing that makes living in a very small place rather nice.
The other good thing that happened yesterday is that I received a parcel from home - Yay- and with papers etc that were extremely helpful, I received some belated birthday gifts. All much appreciated and will contact those concerned by email. I will be watching the tapes as soon as my video/DVD arrives in my goods from NZ.
Am on duty tonight and most of the weekend. 13 more sleeps till I come home! Have a meeting in a few minutes so will sign off for now. Cheers
Lynn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great read - keep it up! Hein

hungryandfrozen said...

Great photo! Did you hear that Patrick Swayze has very terminal cancer? :(:(:( Glad to hear you are now better armed against the mosquitos and bugs! Take care XO

Kay said...

Glad the parcel arrived safely. Just in time before you come back again. Off to Viv's tonight for Lorne's birthday. Will include your name in the birthday card.....in fact, I'll use one of the cards from the box you left behind....

Kay said...

Glad the parcel arrived safely. Just in time before you come back again. Off to Viv's tonight for Lorne's birthday. Will include your name in the birthday card.....in fact, I'll use one of the cards from the box you left behind....

Anonymous said...

Great read. Love the photo. I went out to Saraha Tent last night with yr 13. Had a great night. Even Sam Lusty came back for it. Dio cleaned up the rowing pre-trials in Auckland. Said 26 yr old supervisor rude and hopeless. 29 yr old can't make a decision without contacting the boss. Do we feel sad. No we don't!!!!. Monique says her nana has not heard from you.?? Well must away. going to watch grandies swimming sports.
Keep them coming
Eileen