Monday, 3 March 2008

Green shiny bugs!

I think I mentioned green shiny bugs in my last post. Asked one of the staff what they were today expecting something exotic ... they are commonly known as stink bugs!!!!!! LOL and will do so if squashed (stink that is). I then watched one of the staff lift one of these creatures off the floor with a piece of paper and deposit it outside.

This episode was followed by yet another staff member coming into the staff meeting room to ask if I had seen the damp ceiling in the staff work room, that must be under the girls bathroom. This woman would possibly call the Titanic going down, a minor shipwreck. I wandered into the staff work room and it looked as though a bomb had gone off with a whole segment of ceiling missing and fragments of the same all over several teachers workspaces. There was bare plumbing exposed in all its glory and a smell of mouldering mustyness coming up from the carpet. My rough guess is that the showers that continuously leak from the taps upstairs in the girls bathroom was perhaps contributing cause. Shall await updates as have not seen anyone in to fix anything today. (Public Holiday in WA today for everyone but us).

We are experimenting with organising the afternoons with girl/boy splits at the moment which is not going down well with the girls LOL. Today our lot got to go horse riding or were upstairs relaxing or watching a DVD. Tomorrow we may be in the library, computer room or able to go for a swim. Dinner has also been split into senior/junior sittings which has led to a quieter dining room with each group doing homework while the other eats. There was a big change around of rooms on the weekend and we have nearly all the yr 8's in a side dorm instead of the main thoroughfare which tonight worked brilliantly getting them to bed first, and settling them before the next lot. Everyone was a bit ferral last night as they had bought lollies etc on their trip out and were still looping on sugar. Had several on kitchen duty AGAIN this morning, two banished from the horses for 24hours and one Saturday detention from last night and tonight, crossed fingers, all is well.

Tried my blender out for breakfast/lunch today and made a banana smoothie with home made yoghurt and milk. Worked very fine and tasted yum. Almost too hot to eat much more than that but decided to have a ham sandwhich before I came back to work.
Humungus amounts of laundry is being done post camp and there are washing baskets all over the bathroom floor. I put several loads in for the girls during the day before I went home to try and catch up.

Am working tomorrow night so will not be going to bowls, sigh! I did contemplate swapping a shift with my workmate but that would be taking things too seriously LOL. I may not get to go to town on Wednesday as the Br who does the town run is away in Perth so will have to see if I can at least cadge a ride to Mullewa to post my Nana parcel and to change my library books which are now a week overdue!! I have found one to go on with in the library here which is a murder mystery and as yet have not figured out who done it and I am halfway through. It is written by someone I have not read before which is always good as I do tend to stick with authors that I like reading everything they write.

Thanks for the comments LOL I knew you would get the hint Mum and I was wondering how many vegetables you would be able to come up with for the same meal. I understand that dairy produce has increased quite a bit recently. One thing I did see and salivated at on Saturday was whole rounds of Castello cheese (blue and white) for $10. I was very tempted but also knew I would sit down and eat the whole thing .. probably .. in one go, and so decided to wait until the right occassion (entertaining)LOL. I really need a visit from some of the iwi to fully enjoy all this - hint,hint.

Had a Nana nap this afternoon so am off to read some more before shut eye. Catch you later.
Lynn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Managed to take a copy of all your blogs to Mary and Wyn yesterday. I left Mary's at the wrong house!! but rang her and she got them, only to say that she had managed to read them on the blog site.
Wyn loved them. Dan and Muriel are waiting for the next instalment.
Love and hugs Mum

Kay said...

Your car got a warrant of fitness!

We have those green shiny beetles here too.They are called.......stink beetles.

Feel free to sponsor Viv and me this weekend - we are walking around the Pukekohe showgrounds at about 2.00am on Sunday morning for the Cancer Walk for Life relay. A lump sum (with the emphasis on "lump") would be OK.

Has your parcel of odds and sods arrived from me yet? Hopefully will get there before you leave to come back. I shoved a few bits and pieces in to fill the spaces.

By the way, the chocolate truffles you left behind "melted" but were very nice once they reformed into a solid block. I enjoyed them on your behalf.