Saturday, 15 March 2008

Four More Sleeps

The countdown is really on now. I am working until Monday morning and then our weekly meeting - probably till about 10am and then its all go. I have to wash everything, sort out the fridge, tidy a bit more, and work out what I am bringing back with me. Went to Geraldton yesterday 9am - 4pm and with swimming sports the day before I am severely running out of time to get everything done.

Yesterday was the first time I was able to use my own aussi bank account - yay - finally got paid this week as all my paperwork was in. So, no more using my NZ bank card with all the conversion costs etc. Ran a little amuck as one is want to do when you see serious dollars in your bank account LOL - mainly bits and pieces for cooking next term (all had the magic sale price attached) and a couple of CD's for road travelling music. Only got one super hero thing (I know, but I weakened) - I was zooming along the aisles at Woolworths and spotted Spiderman muesli type bars, so grabbed a box. They are suitably interesting with smarties on top but are 30% more fibre LOL and low in fat (no mention of the sugar levels!!)

It was Palm Sunday service last night (I know it was Friday!) and it was a great service. The senior boys really came up to the mark and turned up ALL in correct uniform and wore ties - looked very smart indeed. The behaviour of all the students was impeccable (another first) so was able to enjoy the service without sending dagger looks about the congregation. The Chapel had been decorated with palms and the Yr 8's led the service. Father explained how he had been to Jerusalem and seen the places mentioned last night and described how far Jesus would have had to carry the cross (from the swimming pool up to the Chapel) which made it relavent to the congregation.

Bought a new Sing Star disc yesterday and the girls have been having a wonderful time with the play station and trying to beat each other's singing scores. I have watched over the space of four days how some girls who never get involved with group activities have first of all sung in the back ground, and then got brave enough to have a go. (Am also watching for some good voices for choir next term LOL.)

Am typing this in the library. Have put a DVD on the big screen and those who do not want to watch are busy on the computers in here. I also get to have a go on the computer which is a bonus. (one that is four hamster speed, rather than 1 1/2 - 2 hamster speed).

Thought I would update everyone for my movements (that I know) when I get back to NZ. Am leaving here at 6am Tuesday - am driving to Perth with one of the Brs who has an appointment that day, so that saves a bus trip. I fly out of Perth at 12.15am on Wednesday 19 and arrive in Auckland at 12.15pm and then on to Waiuku. On Good Friday I am going with several of the troops to Whitianga to a Blues Festival, back on Easter Sunday to Waiuku. Tuesday I am looking to go to Hamilton, the following weekend in Waiuku for extended family hoolie. Will also be in Waiuku the weekend around the 10th April. The only other date set in concrete is Wellington on the 17th April (Thurs) from Auckland and back again on the 22nd (Wed). Am working on information given about availability of several people to fill in some of the gaps. I will have my cell phone charged and turned on the minute they let me turn it on after landing so will expect lots of texts LOL.

Just caught up with the workmate before and she showed me photos of two goana's she saw this morning on the way to Morewa - that is what the girls caught and killed last week - instead of bungeye it is more like bungarra (the local term) for these beasts. Needless to say, these two are still alive but I would not have liked their chances if we had been on a bus trip and they had been spotted.

The temp has definitely dropped, its in the 20's at night and last night had a blanket and a duvet on with the air-con off and was just right. Am thinking I may have to bring my woollen duvet inner back with me as the feather one may not cut it in winter.

Even so, lots of the students and staff are going CAMPING over the holidays. Went to 'Rangers' yesterday which is camper's heaven - tents and every toy you could think of for camping, clothing for the great outdoors, fishing gear,...... Even my eyes lit up at what was available. They use dome tents over here, did not see a square tent in the shop at all. Something to do with the wind apparrently - they are better for the conditions out here. Saw a pegless washing line and thought of the Awhitu lot - washing lines and first gin - the things that spell camping at Christmas LOL.

Girls are all wanting to go and get blankets because they are cold!!!! It is at least 30o outside!!! So will sign off for the meantime.

Catch you later
Lynn

3 comments:

hungryandfrozen said...

Seems like only yesterday that you left! :) I'm not up for Easter - have a ton of schoolwork. I know the blues festival that you are talking about - it looks amazing! Hopefully will be able to catch up with you on the 17th of April, because I'll be flying up home the next day. Take care and happy travelling! :)

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to yor 'hols'! Will start with hot cross buns on Good Friday before you take off to Whitanga Hope you are bringing a CD of your photos so we can really picture you in your new life.
Hasta miercoles

Kay said...

Don'tcha just hate it when you write something (witty, intelligent, lengthy)in a blog and then, just when you thought it had published ..... it disappears completely.....?
I do, now!