Friday, 7 March 2008

Back to basics or no more photos for the moment!

Ah, my brief moment in the sun, or should I say, my ability to add photos is over(until I get back to NZ where hopefully everything will work again!!!!!). Yes, the communication gremlins struck again in the night. We had a smidgen of rain from some cyclone and the server went down yet again. There was also a spectacular lightening and thunder storm this morning that might also have had something to do with it. Had a senior moment when setting the alarm last night as after some serious emailing, I also read for awhile and set the alarm for 6am to torture some hapless year 8's by getting them up at 6.30am for staying awake late last night and not settling for at least an hour past their bedtime.

I leapt out of bed and jumped in the shower and 'what the'!... just for a change, only the HOT water was going. It was a VERY quick shower and managed to get enough water out of the cold tap in the hand basin to sluice off the last soap and finish the job before that ran out.(I tell you it is more like camping here with a roof on every day LOL). I got dressed and then I happened to glance at the clock once more (with my glasses on by now LOL) and it was only 5.30am!!!!! Arrghhhhhh The plus was there was lightening all over the place so spent some minutes looking out the window - most of the lightening was happening over the horizen and then whammo there was this brilliant bolt of forked lightening that looked as though it happened right out the window. Nearly leapt out of my skin! There was thunder as well so all very spectacular. Decided to set the alarm again and then closed my eyes for 30 more mins before getting up said yr 8's. 'What time is it Miss', 'Time to get up' I replied!!! and thus the day began.

Went down to the office once school started muttering imprecations about water cold, water hot and got told that the pump doesn't get turned on until 6.30am to refill the tank for morning use!!!!!! And should too much water be used at night, it will cease to run cold water sometimes, hot other times!!! and no one thought to tell me this?? Major plumbing crisis averted and will know never to have a late, late shower or an early early one in the future.

While in the office the mail was delivered (three times this week, oh giddy delight!) I am now officially able to work with children and have photo ID to prove it that covers working in all states in Australia for three years. A passable photo is on it (a blind man on a galloping horse and all that) as long as I do not change the colour of my hair or my glasses LOL. And lo and behold, another parcel from NZ with more NZ items. I had to take it to the workmates place to open so she could appreciate my parcels and she cracked up at my glee on opening each wrapped item. Once I got back to my place, a cleaning frenzy took place and I now have my NZ magnets on the fridge (which led me to defrost the beast)- I know a giant leap from magnets to defrost but the fridge is the common denominator heh, heh.

At 2pm or there abouts I rang Crown removals yet AGAIN as still no sign of the goods (I swear elephants give birth quicker than my stuff is being delivered) and was given a number to speak to someone with a name that sounded like Yen (possibly Jen??) who vowed and declared my goods were being loaded as we spoke and I should have them by 6pm....
Unless they are on my front porch (out of the sightline from school, and against my instructions), the removal truck has not been seen up at school where I directed them to come. I think my next step is ringing the Police and putting a missing goods alert out LOL but if they are like the local fire brigade, they would probably ring me back a day later to see if I had found them myself (refer back to blog re fire). Luckily we had Mass tonight so there is a smidgen of forgiveness for those who p--s me off running very tepidly through my veins (can you tell I have had two diet cokes today LOL)at the moment, which I will keep in holding pattern just in case my boxes are on my porch.

Watched a movie with the girls tonight called 'The Bridge to Terabithia' which had several girls in tears and was quite moving in places until the hokey end (I thought). Nearly the whole house watched it which was very nice and everyone has gone to bed and gone to sleep - yay. Am on tomorrow with Sunday off but I am ringing the woman who looks after the horses tomorrow as she offered to come up and take a few girls (and me) for a ride Sunday morning instead of Cart. Will let you know how it all pans out.

Am going to try for an earlier night tonight and try to count properly as I set the alarm. May have to read until the Coke wears off LOL.
Later,
Lynn

4 comments:

Kay said...

UnGodly hour of the morning here, too. Got up early, no thunderbolts or lightening - just a cat doing a tap dance in front of our sensor light- Obviously is a bit of an attention-seeker as the light went on and off that often I was starting to wonder if it was a strobe wanna-be! Got up, made hot drink and found our two cats asleep on couch..... Hmmmm I daren't make any noise or they'll wake up, want to go outside, find the tap-dancer and create an unholy racket as they territorially remove fur from trespassing feline.

Maybe your box has arrived- they may have sneaked up, dropped and ran, fearing a great unleashing of dragon-breath venom. (Carriers the entire length and breadth of Australia have probably
been warned about their possible reception if they are transporting your goods.)

Had a lovely Lent-inspired meal (loaves and fish with lashings of other stuff) for Lorne's birthday at Viv's last night, and heard that you'd phoned.

Anonymous said...

I did wake at 5.30 this morning - are you two sending wakeup thoughts through the ether? Lay in bed refusing to get up that early as it is a little or no sleep night tonight at the Walk for Life.
Great day here, have done washing in newly placed washing machine but washing line is also newly placed - on the ground - thank you builders!! so will have to borrow line space from Mum and Noelene.
Enjoyed last night celebrating Mum's birthday with family and friends.

Anonymous said...

I did wake at 5.30 this morning - are you two sending wakeup thoughts through the ether? Lay in bed refusing to get up that early as it is a little or no sleep night tonight at the Walk for Life.
Great day here, have done washing in newly placed washing machine but washing line is also newly placed - on the ground - thank you builders!! so will have to borrow line space from Mum and Noelene.
Enjoyed last night celebrating Mum's birthday with family and friends.

Kay said...

Viv and I have just returned from the Cancer Society Relay for Life at Pukekohe. Am resting at computer with feet in electronic massager Veeeery satisfying after 35-odd laps around the A and P showgrounds - the majority of which were done between 2am and 4am with Dianne W and Denise and Viv. We ate and drank well (see Laura's blog for culinary highlights)and slept particularly uncomfortably, unsoundly, un-spaced and unwarm inbetween relay commitments. Claire, Darren, Stu and Noelene also participated, and Lorne was in the starters' group (yellow-shirts) as cancer survivors. You will be pleased to know you were represented by your large carry-basket which I found very useful for carrying our sustenance supplies.

Feel free to retro-sponsor us and I'll let Jennifer know to add it to the totals.