Sunday, 25 December 2011

Twas the night before Christmas .......and I am in hospital.

Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house, Nothing was stirring, not even a mouse (or cockroach, because I have killed them all, heh heh).  The other reason the house is quiet as, is because I am not there, - I am reposing in HDU at our Regional Hospital where I am writing this post. But to go back a bit. 

It was a busy week last week as is any week leading up to Christmas.  I had worked the weekend and held up really well.  I had Monday off to get some last minute shopping done and have an anti-hag treatment at the hairdressers.  I had a belting  chest pain in the morning and was debating whether to go to the hospital again but had made the hair apt and had lots to do plus work the next day, so sucked it up, took some asprin and carried on once the pain subsided.  Got everything done and started to try and sort out gifts to be wrapped but got sidetracked into finally putting up my Christmas lights in the front windows and some outside around the front side porch. 

Late in the night i realised I was working a morning shift instead of the afternoon shift that I had got fixed in my mind,  which stopped me in my (by then),  wrapping tracks.  Finished work Tuesday and then returned to work to help one of our toddlers celebrate his 2nd birthday.  He was soooo funny.  Nothing would do but he had to sit on my lap at the table while he fed me off his plate - managed some fruit and carrot sticks before thankfully he was distracted by his presents as I was none to sure about the cleanliness of his hands ......  All he wanted was a ball and he was thrilled with the one he got plus a new trike (one of those plastic ones with basket and tray on the back) and lucky me, I was allowed to push him hither and yon round thr back yard.  Then it was time to blow out the candles on his cupcake cake which he did with aplomb.  I think it helped that two of his brothers and two of the others had recently celebrated their birthdays as well so he knew what to expect.  I put some snacks and  a piece of pavlova on a plate and then had to zoom to Weight Watcher's to weigh in.  Whoop, whoop, lost 1.6k so 9.2 altogether now :):).

Worked Wednesday and Thursday morning and Thursday decided I HAD to get the family parcels done and posted the next day no matter what.  I was uncommonly tired and ended up in bed by 8.30pm, woke up at 11.30pm and turned off Christmas lights and went back to sleep again.  Luckily, woke at 5.30am following day,  and got cracking with parcels again.  I was wrapping them on the table in the sunporch when movement caught my eye over the opposite side of the table, and there was yet another  flopping cockroach waving its feelers just sitting between the table and the side door.  I continued wrapping for about three parcels and then the damn thing moved.  I ran out into the lounge and grabbed a can of flyspray and gave it a blast.  It then went nuts running all over the place and I thought it was going to make a dash for me in the lounge so poured in another amount of spray.  It then ran under my lap top which was sitting on the floor so I gave it another blast as would not have coped if I had picked the laptop up later and have the damn thing run at me again.  It then ran  towards the door but stopped just before it and somehow ended flipped on its back legs in the air.  Hugging the far wall,  I snuck into the room and on the opposite side of the table gathered gifts, paper and tags and hightailed it into the kitchen/ games room to finish things off.  Yay, finally it was all done, then after getting everything posted, I headed for thr Camel Bar for Bronwyn's birthday lunch. 

Bronwyn was very excited as Gerard and the kids had clubbed together and have bought her a series of diving lessons in which she will earn her diving ticket.  Her boss and owner of Maccas, gave her a tandem sky dive so she was utterly wrapped with her day. I had work at 2pm till midnight so left them there still at the restaurant.  All was good until about 10.30pm when I got up off a couch after feeding one of the babies and putting him to bed and zap - a chest pain out of the blue.  It was a decent one but soon over so finished the shift and home did trot.  Up the next day to tidy up, clean out fridge, wrap last min parcels and then decided I needed some things from down the road when I started to get another pain.  I grabbed my laptop (priorities) in which I had packed a toothbrush and a pair of nickers the night before and zoomed up to the hospital where I was admitted straight away.  It was almost like old home week as the same nurse that looked after me the last two times greeted me.  I was put onto "my bed" in same corner as last two times and the usual procedures took place. I knew I was up for and 8 hour stay between blood tests but somewhere mid afternoon I was told there were some minor changes to my ekg and I was being admitted to HDU.  Seemed a bit overly dramatic as I thought I would go to a normal ward and I got a room to myself off the ward so was all good.  I am directly in eyesight of the nurses station and am wired up to telemetry machine, oxygen and bloodpressure cuff.  I have had enough blood tests to qualify for a frequent flyers card and my arms are resembling a pincushion. 

I rang the workmates family as I was to have Christmas with them and Bronwyn called in on her way home from work to get my car keys and with Brianna got my car from the carpark and back home.  Despite having leads and bits and pieces hanging off me, I managed to have a reasonable night's sleep.  Pt 2 coming :)

2 comments:

aisha said...

Everything looks good in your posting.
That will be necessary for all. Thanks for your posting.
Chrysler Town and Country AC Compressor

Mary Paul said...

Scuba diving is not only a very challenging sport, it is also very dangerous and in that aspect the power of the scuba diving influence is seen in the classrooms as well as in vacation hot spots. In fact, there are many vacation getaways that are specifically designed and maintained by the scuba diving influence and aim mainly at the scuba diving crowd.

Singapore Scuba Packages