Thursday, 16 October 2008

Vanity, thy name is Skype, LOL

Was lying in bed this morning with my nose in a good who done it, when the phone rang. I leapt to answer it thinking it might be the WM but is was an ex-Waiuku-ite, now living in Sydney ringing for a catch up which was a lovely surprise. Read a bit more after the ph call then thought, I could be on line checking to see who might be out and about on skype. So still in pj's put the computer on and then thought - I will move the kitchen table properly to set up computer so not I am not jammed into the wall all the time - and then I noticed the wall I sit in front of needed a clean. Cleaning completed, corn beef on to cook I checked to see if anyone was on line - and yes there was, so before I answered I quickly threw water over my face to look a bit presentable before answering, LOL. That conversation finished, I thought I might get a quick shower in and just as I was getting out, beep, beep and then silence with a note from my sister to say she had left the camera and microphone at home, but was just letting me know she was leaving school and would talk to me later. Phew, as I was stood there with a (large)towel about my personage thinking, I can answer this but I will not turn the camera on until I am dressed as there is only so much the eye of the beholder can take, LOL. Oh bother, had better iron a decent shirt and not look like something out of the rag bag, so fished a shirt out of the ironing pile, put water in the iron and hey presto, dressed and ready for action. For some reason, today I could not get any pictures of people who talked to me but in all cases, (apart from sister kay's first call) everyone could see me. Will now have to get up half an hour earlier each day so I can have my skype face ready, LOL. I must have got the timing wrong this afternoon because after waiting some hours in case anyone was on line, I went out onto the verandah for a lie in the sun and a bit of a snooze and when I got back in I had missed several people contacting me. Skype is becoming as addictive as playing mahjong on the computer, LOL.

Am back in the staff room again typing this. I may have to change my email address to my big pond address as that is all free to read as is a whole pile of big pond sites. Read that today in some of their information. Will investigate a bit more tomorrow when I sit down and read through everything properly again. Mass has been changed to Thursday nights for the next three weeks so came up for that and then went and had coffee and the WM's place and watched tonights 'Home and Away' and 'Supermodel' - keeping up with the fix of trashy tv for the week. I finished my murder book - its the third one I have read by Tami Hoag, a writer I had not read anything by until last week. Have "enjoyed" all three stories but was pleased to work out who done it before the end of the story today, heh, heh.

Following on from talk of the moon last night, it was just coming up tonight at about 8.30pm after chapel and another magnificent showing. It was huge and orangy - I remember it being called a harvest moon I think when it is like this but I thought it was more November?? Maybe it happens in Oct and Nov, will take note next month. Of course it was the one time I didnt have a camera with me and now there is cloud everywhere!!! Will be walking home in the dark tonight.

Had the announcement yesterday that the boss and family will be moving at the end of this year and that one of the honcho's who delivered this news will be the acting Principal for 2009. It was confirmation of what we already had heard in the wind before the holidays so we now have something concrete to work with and as of next week there will be more visitations with planning for next year getting underway.

Am about to head home for the night so catch you all later.

4 comments:

Kay said...

Yay for the weekend.

Viv and I did our second visit to the gym this week. We are not at our "perkiest" last thing on a Friday - it seems. However, we certainly laughed a lot.

Anonymous said...

Friday nights are the best. Have a new activity for Friday nights this term - waiting at Bobby's for Tim who has joined the tennis club. It's a hard life. Of course Bobby has several regulars who visit on a Friday night so it was nice to catch up with a few people. Head down this weekend studying for my oral exam on Wednesday arvo.
Hope you have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

You need to go back to the drawing board if you think that it is a harvest moon. Harvest is in Autumn, dont you remember the Harvest festival around March or April? You can often get orangey moons when there is a lot of smoke or dust at a high altitude. Do you remember when the Aussie bush fires used to affect our sunsets? Just about to go to bed, it is 1am after all. love and hugs, Mum

lynz.odyssey said...

Kay: Totally impressed with your dedication to the gym, well done.

Viv: Ditto. Great talking to you all on skype and good luck for the exams.

Mum: I think I was thinking of Harvest as in the Northern Hemispere, will have to think about that one.