Wednesday, 15 October 2008

Just another Wednesday.

It's Wednesday night and am sitting in the dark, in the staff room catching up on some email. Why, you ask, when I have the new, whizzo-bizzo laptop - well, it's because Bigpond tell me I have used all my amount of usage until Nov 7. I went into a Telstra shop today and was told to ignore the email I had received from Bigpond because they always get it wrong - you can see why dealing with either of these companies is enough to bring you out in a rash!!!

School has begun and I had half the girls back on Monday evening and should have a full complement by next Monday. I spent most of the day cleaning as nothing had been done over the holidays and it was me or nothing. With the help of two other staff to take away the rubbish, do the laundry and clean the bathrooms, I got the rest done just as the first girl back was arriving. Everyone was settled down by 9.15pm and thus began the new term.

Today I did the vegie run and several errands for other staff. I got a new TV for the girls to replace the one that imploded last term. In the two major shops I went into, there were only two analogue tv's to chose from as I was told today, from 2013 all TV here will be dgital. I was looking at getting a 29" screen and in one shop an LG, flat screen was going for $547, the competition had the same thing at $445 and a brand called TCL beside it for $329, which was reduced to $300 so I got that one. The TCL brand also came with a three year guarantee whereas the LG brand only came with a 1 yr guarantee. I figured with a year to go for the school, with a three yr guarantee, we were on to a winner.

The landscape has changed unbelievably over the past three weeks. There is bare dirt starting to happen in some paddocks and hilly bits and green is becoming a thing of the past. It was a warm morning - I knew this because two lizards were out crossing the road by 9.15am this morning. It was cloudy by the time I got to Gton and a bit cooler in there, I did see a temp sign outside a shop saying 22o but that was across from the tide and in a breezy spot. I had planned on looking at getting some new clothes but once I had bought the TV, I realised I could not just leave it on the back of the ute and head away shopping, leaving it sitting like a gift for someone else to carry off, so my shopping was curtailed in a big way.

I tried to take some photos on the way back of some ducks on a pond and a baby pied stilt and then some white cockatoos and green budgies but everything was very skitterish and flew about so I go several sky shots before giving up. I need to head back to this particular place and be able to stand or sit and just wait to see if anything settles close enough to get a good shot.

I was doing some sums today and worked out that I had driven 4,000k in the 10 days of the holidays from the time I left here for Perth until I got back again. Not a bad effort I thought.

Am starting to yawn, its 11.48pm. I had dinner with the WMH tonight which was heaven sent after my trip to town and no lunch. We are planning a dinner again on Saturday night - my turn to cook - as it is my weekend off. Am thinking pavlova for desert as I bought strawberries and cream today and that would work together, LOL. Not sure about first course yet. It's a full moon tonight so should be able to see to walk home. Catch you all later. I haven't proof read this tonight so please excuse any mistakes. Caio

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great to hear from you. What is the amount you can have for your Broadband. I would hardly think you could have used up all that much!!!
They have you by the short and curlies dont they. Red Hats today, looking forward to it, time out with the girls!!! love and hugs, Mum.

hungryandfrozen said...

Just catching up on your blog posts :) we exceeded our internet usage recently - it's such a pain.

Kay said...

How can you use up your internet usage when you can hardly ever get good coverage?

Good to talk to you tonight. Gotta love Skype.

Just watched the very first episode of "Outrageous Fortune" being repeated on TV 3. Brilliant!