Friday, 10 October 2008

A scorpian in my bathroom!!

Well, that is what I think it was. This morning while seated on the throne, I noticed an insect looking thing crawling along the plastic of my mushroom farm which is growning under the bathroom basin (as you do). I thought it was a wasp sort of thing as I thought I had seen one fall off something the day before but had not taken a lot of notice. I asked the WMH to have a look when he came to pick me up to go horse riding and he couldn't see anything.

Small commercial about the horse riding. The decision was made at dinner last night to go for an early ride so at 8am we walked probably a mile there and back to the back of the furtherest paddock (of course) to catch the horses! I found a birds egg on the ground, (it is white and about the size of what I imagine a pigeon egg to be) and I managed to get stood on, on the back. A good start. Managed to get on with reasonable ease today, leaping from the side rails of the pen I had Misty in and then the fun began. She hasn't been ridden for over a week and was feeling her oats I think. She decided rearing would be fun along with some bucking until a good swat with a twig and a boot from me and she settled down. It was only a two hour ride today which felt long enough given the flies were out in earnest and I felt out of practice. Got home feeling hot and sticky so had a shower, went to the loo again and as I went to flush it - there was the scorpian in the bowl!!!!!!! Now it was not a huge thing, about two inches long with pincers and very thing, not like I had always imagined a scorpian to look like (had always thought they were the size of a small crayfish, LOL) so immediately flushed it to perdition. But then, HOW did it get there... Had it been upon my person at anytime.... or had it committed sillicide (new word from the game balderdash)looking for water. Am now wearing shoes inside all the time and shaking everything in sight. Have put a new can of insect death in the squirter machine and will be using liberal amounts of hand held spray can death just in case.

Have been a bit slack with my postings for two reasons. I now have Skype and have been able to chat to family and friends while I have had reception. Therein lies the next hassle - reception has been fickle at my place. Have sat squashed between the kitchen wall and the table with the window open with just the screen across to get two bars of signal. When that didn't work, I moved onto the verandah but got eaten by mossies and midges. I lost an email I was working on three times as I tried to write it and then nothing would work this morning at all. Have finally rung Big Pond and what I had to do was to turn everything off and turn it on again. They must hate me and have four stars by my name as it is the fourth time I have contacted them in a week.

The day after I got back from my trip I went into spring clean mode, mainly because the WMH wanted some frozen pastry, thereby causing me to defrost the fridge, clean the food cupboards while I did a whole pile of camping washing and washing all the cutlery etc we had used to return to school. Luckily, there was a birthday party to attend that afternoon which caused a holt to that crazy carry on.

Tuesday was spent in Gton. Took the WM into an apt and met up with the rest of her family for lunch. Got a few chores out of the road and back for the Tues TV session and dinner once again. Stocked up on groceries for the next week with some treats for the rest of the hols.

The following two days I made myself have and enforced rest, you know, lying about, reading two books back to back with a token effort of more washing and tidying as my eyes were starting to bleed. Which brings me to the scorpian moment of today. Am just about to play a game of Buzz with the WM's family so will sign off for now. Hopefully I have this wireless thing sorted and will be back on a more regular basis as the term begins again.

1 comment:

Kay said...

Wooo hooo I now have a You Beaut Webcam and microphone with the ability to receive and send video and voice messages to Mars should the need arise. Got it this afternoon from Dck Smith in P'kohe ... with the emphasis on Dick (or Dickette) in this case. Viv was there as a witness... the words "Cloth-eared Bint" come to mind and Lord knows why I didn't walk out and get it somewhere else - except it would have ruined a good story which will no doubt be retold around the camp fire. (.... ME: Ummmmm, so - do you think you could find anyone who DOES know something about these webcams then?.... Cloth-eared Bint: Um,no,not really, they are all on their break)

So we can safely assume the insect is an ex-scorpion?