Sunday, 21 September 2008

I'm Still Standing!!

Well, maybe a slight lean LOL. Where to start... I have survived another interesting week, more by good luck than management. My personal favourites, girls throwing up, girls unwell with the flu, girls unwell having to play in the grand final at netball (which they won,) girls trying to sneak out (three hours sleep that night, possibly my favourite, favourite - said through grmmaced teeth!), girls falling out with other girls, reports to write and the expectation of a piece in the news letter. Was pretty feral by the time the news letter was mentioned and got all sorted except the piece for that. If I hadn't the strength to write a new post, I certainly was not going to stretch the few neurons that were trying to bounce off synapses in my brain with a %#** news letter. (There, that felt better already, LOL)

My single best achievement of the week was to whittle the amount of girls staying in at the weekend to 11, with possibly only four extra returning from the weekend. My 'you're feeling unwell, have taken panadol for three days already and still not well, maybe going home early would do the trick" seemed to work a treat - certainly worked for me. The other bestest thing to happen was using broadband on the WM's computer and getting to "chat" to Mum and sister Kay on Thursday night. One of the day staff offered to spend the night with the girls and the next morning so I could have some time off so after cleaning up the place for her to stay, writing up lists of everything to do, writing reports, I collapsed at the WM's place, was given dinner and a play on the computer. I am now seriously going to follow up and get a do-hickey like they have which should give me broadband, MSN and Skype!!!! Had a complete rush of blood to the head as it works of the 3G system that the mobile phones work on out here, and I can get reception from my place and at work - be still my beating heart. And as Kay's comment confirmed - the new computer has a camera and so can video me from this end as I MSN or Skype for those who have MSN at the same speed or whatever computer speak that you need! May require a new wardrobe/ hair and makeup, LOL so as to look my best - yeah right!

The WM valiantly arrived at work yesterday, refusing to take anymore time off and banished me for the day and night,not to return until this evening. By the time I had tried to book accommodation for my upcoming trip over the holidays, losing both colour and strands of hair with the stress of online booking, it was nearly 2.20pm. I had arranged to go for a ride and so after spending nearly 1/2 hour catching the recalcitrant beast - saddling up and getting on, it was after 3pm. Had to walk nearly 1/2 mile across two paddocks to where the mob were and then it took another paddock's worth of walking to finally catch her. I say paddocks but a lot of the grass (that looks like a type of rye) has been eaten down and the red, sandy soil is becoming more prevalent. The grass was sown in furrows, so the ground is uneven to walk on, and quite interesting when the grass is nearly thigh high, where it hasn't been eaten down. I was on the look out for snakes as they are about again with the warmer weather. The WM's husband ran one over in the car last week!

Had a great ride down to Ducky's Dam. It has dried up a lot since the last time I was there. We then did a 4W drive kind of ride, through scrub,so pushing through bushes and scrubby trees, ducking and diving so as not to get brushed off the horse, up rises and down rises, with swarms and swarms of those friendly flies again was fun. (Was speaking to the WMH last week when the next moment it was hoick,hurgh,hoick and spit on the ground in front of him. When he commented saying it was hardly ladylike behaviour, I replied I had nearly just swallowed a floppin fly (again - now up to 3)!!! It was the closest yet, as it got right to the back of my throat, eeuwww!!!!!. Had several cowgirl moments on the way back from our bush ride as Misty decided she wanted to go one way when I wanted to go another, so she reared four times, one lot, three in a row. Needless to say, we went the way I wanted and then some, just so she knew who was boss, LOL. Although it wasn't a three hour ride, I think the fish oil tabs might be working as didn't feel any pain in my joints - yay.

At this stage I am off to Perth on Wednesday morning to pick up Tim and his boys (from Boys High in Hn) as they are coming to stay for the first week of the hols. Am taking them up to Monkey Mia and Kalbarri as well as bringing them out here for the outback experience, LOL. Hopefully I should be on broadband by then and will no longer have to haunt internet cafes etc whilst on the trip.

Thank you to all those who left comments. Hope you have all had a good weekend. It's windy today, so am about to walk home and watch another disc of 'Outrageous Fortune' series 3. My comp was taking too long to get the info I wanted up on screen - rock on broadband again LOL. Catch you later.

5 comments:

Kay said...

Have just come back from Noelene's place for Dylan's second birthday party. A very nice lunch. Mum was wondering if you were Ok as nothing heard from you since our MSN coincidental meeting. No doubt she will find your posting shortly.

Enjoyed the visuals of you swallowing the fly,(I know an old lady who swallowed a fly....). Looking forward to holidays here too. Not got anything planned this time - apart from writing verbal submission to follow up written one for oil plant hearing. (Have you had a chance to check the Youtube link yet?)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D5fhUetf5s

Anonymous said...

Sunday arvo here and I am full to pussy's bow with scrumptous food from Dylan's 2nd birthday. We had a gathering at Noelene's, with beautiful sunshine and even some kite flying.
Home again now, thinking of the study I should be doing, plus some school work. Oh well, I guess the good times had to end! Not to worry, only a week until the hols.
Off to Spotlight and other various shops of the Manukau kind tomorrow. Annette wants some wool and some company so Noelene and I will meet her in Puke after the school run.
Pleased to hear that you haven't gone down with the dreaded lurgy, and are fighting fit (poor horse, never did stand a chance!)

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah, the Saints be praised again. Was really worried you had succumbed to the dreaded lurgy. So glad you are okay. Had a nice day today, went to Dylan's birthday as above, Clive was at Train training, but I picked him up from Pukeoware station at 1.30pm. Noel said, I think I will come for a ride with you. So that was good. It was such a warm day, all the trees are busting out in new green leaf, so it is very pretty. My favourite time of the year. Noelene has such a pretty garden, with tulips, bluebells, freezias, and anenomes, and rununculas. hopefully Clive is cooking tea, so had better go. Great to see your posting. love and hugs, Mum

Anonymous said...

Many ta's for prezzies from Kay's parcel. Havent downloaded the typing thingy yet, but looks like what I really wanted for Clive. He says Ta too.
Loved the serviettes too. Aren't you clever? Beautiful day here today. so warm. love and hugs, Mum

Anonymous said...

Good heavens - Skype too ...is there no end to this woman's IT capacity? Well as we have just got Skype too I can see some long and probably rather scruffy conversations coming up!
The term has finally ended and assessments have finished. I left a huge pile of marking telling my Year 13 girls there was no wasy I was dealing to that until next term.

And now you are in Perth. Hopw that city is being as good to you as it was to me/us/

Love from J&J