Monday, 4 August 2008

Breaking News

NEWS FLASH, NEWS FLASH, NEWS FLASH, NEWS FLASH

I am beyond thrilled to let everyone know that I am to be a Nana again!!!!!!!!!!!

Son number two and his wife are expecting a baby in Feb next year. I had a ring a few weeks ago, (it has nearly killed me to keep quiet so long LOL)to tell me the happy news. When I had an email to ring them, that was the last thing I was expecting to hear - I think number 2 son still has hearing in one ear LOL. Move over the cheshire cat, I don't think my feet touched the ground as I did have to tell someone so the WM was the first person to hear. Got in the door to tell her and promptly burst into tears - go figure. Later that night I got the call from the Italian brigade to say they were to be Grandparents at the same time. They have since gone on to find their son and daugter in-law are having twins and another daughter announced over the holidays she too is expecting in March (some people are just plain greedy LOL). With two friends reporting their impending grandparenthood in NZ, it sounds like there will be a bumper crop next year. Now would be a good time to take shares in wool (natural fibres are still best LOL), and any associated baby needs outlet. The Italians have already sent a parcel off with Essenden jumpers for the impending twins LOL. I am being more restrained at this point, but have to say, all things baby and small child are leaping out at me wherever I go!!! Fortunately postage costs an arm and a leg, and I already have 16k of luggage to bring back at Christmas!
Am about to head back down to my little house on the prarie - its fine and windy so may get some washing done and I plan on putting a large pot of soup on to cook. I will also be planning tomorrow nights dinner with the WMH. Catch you later.

4 comments:

Kay said...

OOOOOOOOOh congratulations! Will pass on my congrats to those slightly more involved in the impending grandchild's existence, however,this is, afterall, about being a Nana. Awesome news. So many February dates to choose from. It would be very wise of the impending one to synchronise "its" arrival with "its" father's, grandmother's or great grandmother's birthday, (estates, titles, inheritances.....)

hungryandfrozen said...

Woo! How very cool! :D :D :D :D

lynz.odyssey said...

Kay: So true LOL, but you have skipped a generation. Nana Gert would be great, great grandmother! Great to have another twig on the family tree!

Laura: That makes your ma a great aunt twice now heh, heh.

Anonymous said...

Thrilled with news, congratulations and best wishes to all. Will have to get out the knitting needles and enjoy the clucky stage. I must have some baby patterns hidden somewhere!!

St Kilda is the AFL team Clive has always followed. Pity we cant see the games any more, not having Sky.

Enjoy your days off, hugs, Mum.