Monday, 26 May 2008

More Cooking in the great outdoors!

Yesterday after a sleep in till 7am (had to get up for soccer girls,the rest of the girls got up for breakfast at 9am as our token lazy day for the week LOL. Breakfast done followed by the weekly clean, wardrobe check etc etc I was told there was no water!!!! I went forthwith to the taps and yes, the girls were right. Arrrgh. Rang and left a msg with one of the Bros, then rang the DP to spread the joy. Had a locked block with showers and toilets opened and was going to access the laundry as well to get all our washing done looking at worse case scenario not trusting anything to be fixed in a hurry. I am not sure what happened but about an hour later we had water again, albeit with very little pressure and quite yellowy (is that a word? LOL). Ah well, at least we could flush loos and continue with the washing. By then it was lunchtime so a quick round of sandwhiches were had and then on to the bus to go back into Gton.

Took the girls to Aquarina again and they got an hours swim in before the pool was closed for the day. We then headed for a little beach (Gton is not unlike the Mt, only in that the beach is right there all alongside the town) just up/down (not sure of the directions) from the shopping centre we usually go to. Can you believe it - the council has installed at the park/playground two separate stainless steel topped, gas run barbeques that start with the push of a button - be still my beating heart. One of the barbeques is a double one and the other a single with more 'bench' top. They were both spotlessly clean so we were very impressed. One other thing that I have noticed at the two beach areas I have been to, is that they both have water taps to wash your hands/feet etc along side the carpark areas.

We had taken our usual Sunday barbeque packs of one chop, 2 sausages and piece of steak (think weiner schnitzel for thickness and about 1/2 the size), bread, onions, butter and tomato sauce. Got the chops sizzling, then the sausages going on the double bbq and the steak and onions on the other one. Meanwhile, some of the girls walked up the beach looking for clams and crabs (and they found them) or just lay about in the sun - yes I said sun as it was a warm day yesterday - in the 30's I would guess and this was at 4pm!!!
We ate lashings of meat - it is a carnivore's dream on Sunday night - I underestimated the tom sauce and onions but better luck next time. Four loaves of bread were inhaled and we had the least left overs ever. It was magic cooking with the sound of surf and then the equally magnificent sun set (Sun set, sun rise and the moon are all brilliant here - lots of red hues). I will need to do a heap of decluttering this week to make up for the weekend indulgences LOL. Girls were very relaxed and very appreciative of the whole weekend so it made it worth all the effort.

Although there were toilets at a small park type place across the road, we were thirsty and chose to do a Macca's stop on the way home. I grabbed a much needed coffee and could not believe it when I saw that some of the girls got hamburgers etc on top of what they had just put away. It was dark by the time we left which was just after six, getting back to school just on 8pm. There was not a murmer from the girls at the juniors being in bed at 8.30pm and everyone else by 9pm. The computer upstairs was on the blink so did a few loads of washing in between playing some solitaire on my laptop (very little thinking involved). I know I was exceptionally tired several times over the weekend. I thought I had lost my glasses again - I remembered taking them off to put a jumper on at my house - the workmate found them in her car the next morning as I had driven her car from my place back up here (can not remember why I needed to drive there and back though LOL) and yesterday, I walked out of the loo at Maccas leaving my wallet on top of the toilet roll holder. Luckily the workmate was in there after me and asked me if I had lost anything????

Carrying on with the lovely weather theme - I got my jeans on the line at 1pm today and hopped into them to go to work at 3pm - Brill!!!! In fact got three loads of washing done and dried in that time. If this is winter - rock on. I will be sleeping at home tonight and notice the temp has dropped as the sun has gone down so will be piling the blankets on tonight.

Three more sleeps till Boarders - yay. Have been thinking what to do and have decided not to go to Perth this time but will stay here instead and do a couple of day trips and some exploring of the farm, some cooking, some reading, some DVD watching, some needle work - are there enough days off I ask myself. We are thinking of going up to Kilbarry on the Sunday which is about 2 hours north of here. Two other staff are going to be there for the weekend and there is a cray festival on. That was an easy decision to make LOL. I could really get into a good feed of seafood and this may be the perfect chance. Watch this space!!

Have fallen from grace today and I blame Kay. I think she sent me a picture of something I might like on trade me or ebay contacted me and I have found myself looking at things on the site again over the last few days. Because everything is so slow out here, have not spent eons of time on but whilst looking for one DVD I am after - lo and behold I spotted a Ben 10 DVD (the latest super hero for all those playing at home. If you have grandchildren, great grandchildren or have small people in your life - Ben 10 and his assorted bunch of greeblies are the new market driven toy, schoolbag, blanket etc etc to have). I actually enjoyed watching the couple of programs I watched with the 5yr (and a half LOL) grandson in the holidays.

Dinner bell has just rung so had better go. Hasta la vista (In support of the Camp Kay, Viv and Bobby are on)

1 comment:

hungryandfrozen said...

Sounds like a fab weekend...apart from the water situation lol. Have fun on your days off! Relaxing and pottering round sounds like a good way to spend them...mind you so does a seafood feast! :) Take care xo