Wednesday, 13 February 2008

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine heh heh

Enough with the water but still with the weather LOL. We had 4mls of rain up at the school and 8mls down by the shearing shed. However, today is a cool 32o, breezy but the sun is shining again. Took a photo of the lawn on the way up - it has grown 3" in the past week and will possibly need cutting this weekend LOL. The place is blissfully silent today - all the students have gone into Geraldton to the "Sorry" celebrations. I did think that I might go to, history in the making and all that but a 3am start and a 5.30am wake up this morning has leached some energy out and I will be travelling on buses this weekend probably to the local pools so gave it all away.
May have transport in the near future!!! The Principal asked me how I was getting on finding something yesterday and when I said I hadnt had a chance to look properly anywhere, he said he had a 4WD ute not doing anything and once the battery is charged and it's rego'd, I can use it. Could I get anymore McClouds daughters LOL. F0rgot to ask the colour (the most important part) but I have a feeling it might be red. Will keep you posted. I am told that the back is a bit light if you go over 80k on the gravel road - will go for some surruptitious driving on the farm I think before I venture forth. I have travelled at speed before on gravel roads (in my youth which was a wee while ago) but a ute!!! Maybe it will be like the Fordson (small farm truck from aforesaid youth) but more powerful LOL. Watch this space.
Great to get the emails from many of you and love reading the comments after I put one of these on. They snap me back to NZ eg Viv mentioning hanging out the washing - one of the things I always associate with washing lines in the paddock and washing snapping in the wind.
Am having three glorious days off in a row but didnt leave here till 11am this morning and here I am back again (had to change money around in NZ bank and realised the before 1am time here is before 4pm NZ) am about to go and borrow trays and kitchen whizz for a bakefest - heart shaped choc drizzled, jam filled hearts. Hmmmm
Tomorrow night at 7pm Oz time we are having Chapel for the commissioning of new staff -all to be present. Not the way I have ever envisaged spending a Valentines Day but will put up a few thoughts for you all while I am there. Hope all the romantically attached have a great day. I am in the germ of a new choir we are going to try and start. So far myself and two other staff plus 5 kids and tomorrow we are singing songs I have only sung once before to a CD. Love this fly by the seat of your pants stuff at an important occassion no less! Have asked for a copy of the sheet music so at least I can sight read where I am meant to be. God Bless Miss Hutton (from Ak Dio days, fierce choir mistress) for instilling high expectations so I may not be totally hopeless tomorrow night.
Was able to speak to the No 2 son yesterday for a belated birthday call before I started work which was good.
Catch you all later. Happy Valentines to you all.
Love Lynn

No comments: