Tuesday, 26 February 2008

Once more into the breach dear friends:

Or, I am off to bowls again tonight ... Called up to get my mail this afternoon and as I am not working tonight, I get to go again!! It is 40o today and not much wind so may have to make allowances with speed etc LOL so watch this space, will report tomorrow night (late) when I come up to do sleep over. To continue with minor challenges - am without hot water at the moment at my house - had the bloke who came to cut my 'lawn' (can you believe it had grown enough to be cut, LOL)check out the heater thing on the side of the house that you have to light (pilot light) and he pointed out that it looked as though the flame had burnt some of the aluminium where the light should be. Hmmm me and something that you cannot see that is potentially dangerous if it goes wrong - will see the bloke to fix it tonight at bowls so will have to make do with a lightening cold shower tonight, although cold here is slightly below tepid if you are quick enough LOL.

Ants... double and triple swear words. Possibly the weather or just because... I am over feeling strange things walking over me in bed and finding ants upon my person, beside me, on the bedding, or walking over me when I am sitting on the couch etc etc. I have checked the calendar and it is just over a month since I bought mega-death ant baits to kill the beasts and it is now at the top of my shopping list (am hopeful of going with Brother tomorrow).

Midges - I believe it IS due to the weather these creatures are out in abundance. Have been immune (possibly because until recently have been mainly inside most of the time) but last night walking home I must have got bitten because I have bites on my arms, and lower legs and they itch. I had put some repellent on earlier but it wasn't the mega-death bush variety that I have on today to walk up to school - I think it worked because the flies all kept their distance. Not sure how one mixes French perfume with mega-death, may have to use one or the other and save the perfume for when I come home or it gets cooler again. LOL

Dial-up email. I had forgotten the dulcet tones of pedang, pedang, pedang, tweetle, screech, that dial-up does and it sounded like an old friend (yes, sad I know) and whilst I am extremely happy that I can manage the most feeble of email letters, I cannot download emails with pictures (Moses chipping out the 10 commandments would be quicker), nor can I post to this blog. I am greatful for small mercies I guess. I may bypass pictures in my blog and try to email some out to interested parties - on dial-up I cannot even do that so may experiment tomorrow when I am up at school again.

Crown removals: The guys paddling from Oz to New Zealand did it quicker, I have still not got my goods here though they are in Perth and have been cleared by customs.... Getting very frustrating as there are so many resources that I am waiting for. Still I will be ahead for next term.

Jigsaw: I have become addicted and have thoroughly enjoyed doing most of our 1000 piece jig-saw of two labarador puppies. Being cute animals, the jigsaw has been a hit with the girls too and a nice way of working together.

And so am off for my cold shower and to resurface with my mega-death, attractively smelling insect repellent to come up for a roast pork dinner and an evenings entertainment.
Catch you in the battle.
Love Lynn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey ho, only a couple more weeks and you will be winging your way over the ditch for a week or so. Am looking forward to that, don't forget to bring your photos!
Our shed being attacked by a builder tomorrow - stripped naked and re-clad - something in stripes I think!
Humid here tonight but not as hot as you LOL

Kay said...

Hmmm - images of Viv's builder stripped naked and reclad in stripes - although I'm not quite sure that was what she was intending.....

You should have got your first lot of faxed Christian-Gospel-Girl Guide Camp-song fusion sheet music today. There's more to come but there was only so many pages the fax machine would cope with (10) before the hamster turning the wheel became exhausted. (I think it is of the same breed that spins the wheels of your dial-up). May it serve you well.

Can't compete with 40 degrees heat but my domestic ants are up for the challenge. AS I speak they are surely moving the entire house mm by mm closer to Western Australia.

Anonymous said...

So enjoying your blogs. Can picture you so well, or not as the case maybe, with ants doing their ballet dancing or OE experience on you!
We are doing very nicely with your bug deterrents you left us with. Faxing them to May and Les in Brisbane, and am about to give a copy of them to Wyn. Hope you get the hot water system fixed soon, just think how invigorated you will be.
love and hugs, Mum

Anonymous said...

oops!!!! I meant your blogs that I am faxing, lol mum

hungryandfrozen said...

Oh my goodness 40 degrees! Shan't complain about the heat here then :) Hope the hamster in your computer starts running a little faster, love reading the updates. Good luck battling the winged beasties. I guess it was to be expected, at least - you ARE in Australia! All the best Laura xo