Sunday, 19 April 2009

Life In the Fast Lane

Well, I weakened and went back to the shopping mall at Glenfield, this time with my wallet and an amount of damage was done in several shops. I totally had to go back to the book shops and came away with several new tomes - some will have to wait until Christmas to read I think. Also picked up at the Warehouse, several DVD's - and now have Boston Legal 1, 2, & 3, Bones series 1, and a House series 3, which was just starting when I went to Oz. That should keep me out of mischief during the next few months.

I then tried to find Wairau Park and Spotlight in particular to buy more material to finish the second cot duvet cover for no 2 grandson. The short version is, I got lost three times, and that was armed with the map (and I read it) as well. First I turned left when I should have turned right, but along the road there was a sign that said Wairau Rd, so turned down that until I reached the end of the road at a T junction without a hint anywhere of which way to go next. I pulled over and checked the map again, and headed for Wairau rd but got in the wrong lane at the lights, ending up with another left instead of right turn. I turned down a side road to go back the way I had come and finally found Wairau Rd and headed for the shopping as marked on the map. This was fine, and I found it, but it was not the shopping centre I was wanting and by now I was seriously over the whole expidition. Drove the entire Wairau Road up to Glenfield Rd and headed back to no 2 son's instead. There is nothing that helps raise the blood pressure, than driving on roads you are not familiar with, when there is heaps of traffic swooshing along at a fast clip in a knowing way (as to where they are going, lol). I needed coffee and a rest with two biscuits by the time I got back as what was going to take about an hour ended up by being a three hour sortie. I then found out I should have been going to Wairau PARK shopping centre so had missed the boat completely!!!!!

Fortunately the V8 car races were on the telly live from Hamilton when I got back and there was spectacular driving and prangs - the only downer was that Murph was not on the track........ Managed to see a bit more today and shared a lovely time with Zachary propped up on the couch, hanging with Nana watching his first car races, heh, heh. You can never start too early with an introduction to such a great sport.

Finally got to Spotlight today as we had a family outing after lunch with a return trip to the mall as well. It transpires I was one road off where I should have been yesterday!!! Mission accomplished and a few groceries and we were back in time for another coffee and then it was time for me to head back to Waiuku. Had my best trip yet on the motorway heading south - it looked horrific for the traffic travelling north as it was bumper to bumper and just above snails pace. Bring on the outback.

Sister Kay is on her way back from Argentina, and I am heading down to Hamilton for two days. Hopefully the town will have cleared of the V8 crowd by then, at least I will be driving against the traffic and should have a good run through. Update on the spiders: no more sightings so am feeling reasonably reassured that the death to spider sprays did the trick.

Am heading to Hamilton to hopefully catch up with a few people and to search through my bits and pieces in storage. Another 'rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic ' situation as I have boxes and boxes of China to move around to get to things I want to search through. The trick will be to come back with less than I take down, lol.

1 comment:

kayinargentina said...

Well, not quite on way home from BA yet. Our plane has been delayed for three hours and we are waiting in a cafe. No shops open to spend our last few pesos either. I have three minutes of power left on computer. Looking forward to seeing you at the airport.... and safely landing,

Chau