Friday, 10 April 2009

Because I Can......

<


Here he is, another day older, LOL.

Sanity, thy name is not the Southern Motorway on a Good Friday. Not to belabour the point, but I hate driving on that piece of road. Today I set off from Birkenhead at about 10.30am - when all good people should have either been at Church or with their families eating hot cross buns, but no, almost the entire population of Auckland decided like myself, to time their exit south at the same time I did. I do believe, it was no better for people travelling north according to the radio.

I was lucky to get up to 10kph from Newmarket turn off until Takanini. I think there were at least two lots of nose to tail series of prangs along the way, thankfully no bodies or gore anywhere, and one breakdown on the opposite side of the road. There was a period of time, I was driving under 10kph!!! and I could have run quicker (if I in fact could run, lol). It did help me understand road rage though when I tried to change lanes at one stage and the car travelling behind me sped up. There was a moment of language that was not appropriate for Good Friday, and for two pins, I would have given them their pedigree, but I as I was listening to talkback (easier than taking novacain) and it was all about the meaning of Easter - (the godly side of Easter) I took a deep breath and waited some extra time until there was a bigger gap and better behaved drivers. Consequently it took me an hour and a half to get back to Waiuku.

Made it in time for lunch at Viv and John's and had the yummiest home made hot cross buns to eat. In a moment on nanoo nanoo, we were talking about Kay and wondering how she was celebrating Easter in Argentina and decided to take a photo of a hot cross bun with a cup of coffee to send to her, when we read her blog, and there she was mentioning just what we had been talking about. Viv decided to take a photo of a few of us, while I was flicking through my photos on my lap top, and I found one of Kay, while camping at Christmas, so we got another photo with Kay present by photo, lol.


Homemade hot cross bun and coffee and below, Darren, Claire, Hannah, Moi and Kay via laptop technology. Am having to finish blog here as have pressed a command that will only do blue underlined writing beneath this photo and it will not post with the change it writing. ARRRRRggggggghhhhhhhh
Have a safe and happy Easter Break.

1 comment:

Kay said...

How Cool! I was hoping you guys would think to read my blog. The coffee and hot cross bun are just as I pictured. Love the photos too. Try describing Hot Cross Buns to someone not of that religion and demonstrating the purpose of the cross via mime becasue you don´t have the voab for crucifiction... A bit of ¨The Life of Brian¨went into the explanation.