Monday, 8 December 2008

Oooops I did it Again

Confessions about a new toy - I have found the game tetris on facebook and it is as addictive as any other game you can find, even though I am fairly hopeless at it, LOL. It involves arranging a variety of shapes to interlink to fill a line, not easy for the spatially challenged, LOL. I am currently on 19,000 odd points which is the equivlent of having training wheels on and someone holding the bike, LOL. Move over mahjong!

Well, D day has finally arrived and we put the last of the girls on the bus for the airport this morning. Yesterday we had the end of term Mass (2nd Sunday in Advent) followed by graduation which would be the equivalent of prizegiving. Speeches, prizes and people waiting through it all for lunch before heading away. The Bishop of Geraldton was present for both events and it was the final school farewell for the Principal on behalf of the students.

I cannot believe I have done a whole school year and it is a novelty to reach the end of a year and not be exhausted! I was on duty for the weekend and we had a BIG clean up which meant very little left to do today. After farewelling the Kimberly mob, the WM and I wrote our reports - all 24 of them in between the odd coffee and various sustenances. My preferred favourite of the day has been left over lamingtons from yesterday - so covered in coating, they are still moist 24 hours later and the cream is still fresh (they have been in the chiller and then our fridge, heh, heh). There are still some to go but will leave them for tomorrow - maybe, LOL.

Tomorrow will proof read our reports, with a clear head after a good night's sleep and then will move all my stuff back to my house from the boarding school and clean our rooms out. Wednesday there is a staff meeting followed by a staff dinner and then Thursday I am having our Christmas dinner up the the WM's. No doubt Friday will take care of itself and then Saturday it will be off to Geraldton to fly home reaching NZ at at 5.30am all going well.

Good news - for the first time since getting broadband, I am under my useage - yay even with using the internet heaps so am well pleased with that which is a nice change from all the trauma of the last few months. Am up at the WM's place at the moment - had dinner with them tonight and am watching Karate Kid out the corner of one eye. I had a laugh before as most of my visits involve bringing my laptop either to skype or to work some problem out. They have good reception at their place which is a bonus. We are often on line at the same time which reminds me of days gone by when I would go to the next door neighbours and lie on a bed opposite my friend - both of us with our noses stuck in a book, and then going home having had a great day. Only the technology has changed, LOL.

It's now 6 sleeps to go!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to get another blog with all your doings!! so that is what you have been up to, playing tetris!! Feels like a lot more than 5 days since you were "Not thinking clearly," one. LOL.
I guess a lot of the girls will not be back for 2009. I wonder what life has in store for them? It is the silly season where there could be endless parties, etc to go to. We had Lions last night, thursday is Fuchsia Day, Saturday is the Parade. sunday night is the visit to the Christmas lights at the Holy Trinity church hall. Can you believe it, it is absolutely pouring with rain. Coming down in buckets!!!! Barely had enough to wet the concrete for seemingly weeks. The garden will love it. Need it desperately. Kay and Marks 29th anniversary yesterday. Better go, have heaps to do.
I knew I should have checked Skype before I went to bed, but was so tired. It was soooooooo hot in bed last night, I didnt sleep well. 5 sleeps to go. love and hugs MUM

Kay said...

Couldn't finish the Skype converstaion - may have been the rain. So, might catch you later. It's a nice rainy day today - garden needs it. I can't believe I'm saying that after all the rain we have had this year. Starting the count-down here too but still a lot to do. May catch you later.

Anonymous said...

Had Graeme and family in town for 15 hours yesterday/this morning on their way to a Canadian Xmas. Great to see them - they are calling back early Jan. Organising the shopping list for the Spanish Cafe - should be fun. C u Sat!