Tuesday, 3 June 2008

Day off LOL

Had a proper lie in yesterday as spent the previous night at home. Managed to do a bit of a tidy though not an entire house clean whilst putting a vegetable tangine together in my new crockpot. I drifted up to school around 3pm. The girls were in the process of making calanders for next year using a lot of the photos that the workmate had taken of them. All the kids were in the library either on computers or watching a movie. I took the chance to catch up on some long overdue correspondence and checked through some sites I do not usually have the time to check.

Great discovery was that there are some new people who have joined the Baucke Reunion website - someone who is linked to Mum's, Mother's Mother. How good is that LOL.(They live in Australia) I also managed to find contact details for cousin Royce and Harata who are living up in Katherine in the Northern Territories. I gave him a ring yesterday and had a great catch up. I am now working out how and when to catch up with him. He commented on spookily I sounded like Mum, especially when I laughed ......

I also touched base with sister Kay - I have finally found one of these phone cards that allows you to ring from any phone as long as you put in enough codes and passwords to reach the moon and back! I had missed catching Mum who was outside when I rang as I was checking up on Clive after his op. I cannot believe that they have sent him home under 10 days from a bypass op (Waikato was never like that !!!!)

Had a very relaxing evening - watched a movie with the girls called "Pay it Forward" with Kevin Spacey, Helen Hunt and cameos from Bon Jovi and Angie Dickenson (how many of you out there remember her???) A bit of a sad movie which provoked quite a bit of conversation with the girls. I did some more stitching on the quilt so felt I had achieved something for the night.

Am off to Morewa to take the girls for the last outing of our "weekend off". Not a hugely exciting round of news today but the computer is up and running and so am I LOL. If you have sent me a personal email, it is likely you will here from me during the week with a bit of luck and computer willing. I am off to Mullewa tomorrow on the way to Gton for my medical for the bus licence. Girls all due back later today.

1 comment:

Kay said...

Good to talk to you last night - especially as you were paying.

Great to find the long lost Turner/Baucke relly connection- gotta love the internet for finding people.