Saturday, 23 June 2007

Today's the Day!!!!

It's 2.30am and I am almost done. Have packed twice. Whilst on my roll of using modern technolohy, I googled ''packing tips'''and blow me done there were trillions. Armed with two check lists (just to make sure) I found I had done a pretty good job by myself which was reassuring. I liked the list that reminded one to clean the fridge out, do the dishes, prepay your bills, sort your banking. All are now ticked. Am still in close proximity to the heater and it has been windy and raining outside so am looking fwd to the contrast. I need to remember that if I should get to the time when I am gasping with the heat LOL. I still have some trepidation using this blog. One thing about sending everyone the wrong address to begin with , I have heard from a lot of you back which has been great. Not so great was losing outlook last night - got it back tonight so all is well. I have done my last Trade Me and will be going cold turkey while I am away. One thing about cleaning the fridge out - dinner consisted of scrambled eggs on toast and chocolate almonds (from Christmas) I figure with the walking I am going to be doing I can live wild today!! the bus will be here at 8am so will sign off. Next update should be from ......... EUROPE!!!! Yay

3 comments:

Kay said...

Hope you had ticked, "Turn the iron off" on your pre-departure check list..... Remember to heed Laura's lessons learned in Greece..... i.e. don't take short cuts on your way back to the hostel -unless you can repel oily neer-do-wells with an arched eyebrow and a well-executed hiss; and (my personal favourite) don't swim too far away from the cruise ship.On second thoughts, I think you are well-prepared.
According to my calculations, you are now well-and-truly airborne - on soooo many levels.

Anonymous said...

Hi lynn + carole+girls, hope you have had a ood trip so far and have survived the long flight. The weather here is terrible we are expectiong sub zero tonight so spare a thought for us. Red cabs has been rescued by a Whangarei company so things are starting to look better for them. In nz at the mom there is a big up roar in the news that the airport wants to put in scnners that do the equivilent of a naked search lol have you run into any apparently they are in use overseas. (sorry lynn I emailed you this at first by mistake)(also sorry im not great at spelling when typing fast on the go) Anyways have to go to a meeting now but will write again soon, have fun from THE A TEAM -(you can interpret this any way you like! lol)

Anonymous said...

Well another one in our house (not me) is packing to fly......always the waver-off never the flier. I have so much sympathy for "I have to get up so early" - not! Still I am reassured that you got at least to Singapore. By now you should be in Europe proper (or improper if that's what happens. a la Kay and Laura. Looking forward to the Greek Connection.
Melville came second at Stage Challenge so there is kuch joy at school to end the term. It was sruprising which school did not compete - meowc! Kalmeros (I think that's Greek.)