Tuesday, 16 February 2010

RIP Br M

For those who have followed my posts for some time, you have heard me mention Br M a lot as he and I did the Geraldton run for months every Wednesday. We had news this morning that he passed away, a week to the day since we last saw him.

Even though we saw him just after he had his medication increased last week, his sense of humour was to the fore. He said when he left Tardun he wasn't sure whether he would make Christmas, and yet when he dropped me off to catch the plane back to NZ on the 4th Dec - he was still riding his pushbike around Lake Subiaco (questionable spelling, lol). I had emailed him a couple of times since my return to Oz and he had responded each time and was at peace and ready to go he said. His first email was to tell me he had had last rites from an 87yr old priest (Br M was 74). Others had been in ph contact with him and so we had been able to let him know we had appreciated having him in our lives for the last two years or more in some cases, while he was still with us. We will miss his wit and wry sense of humour but do not begrudge his going as he had definitely fought the good fight. I am sure there will be a gathering of the clan in the next few days so we can celebrate his time with us apart from going to the actual funeral which we are waiting to hear when it will be.
RIP Br M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all at this time. Sincere condolences, I felt I knew him, through your writings and conversations about him. love Mum.